Saturday, March 27, 2010

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Well, our first ever garage sale was a good time for all involved, including the shoppers, who received some fabulous deals. We had the "Is anyone going to come to our party?" experience at 7AM when we had everything ready to go Trent and I were standing alone in the driveway. Apparently we don't live in a town of early risers. Thankfully people finally started showing up and we were able to make a little cash. It's funny how Trent and I reverse roles at the oddest times. Trent took care of Rush while I walked around making change and giving people the best deals ever. For example, actual conversation:

man: How much for this shirt? (all clothes were $2 each)
me: $1. Or you can have all the clothes in both boxes for $10.

pregnant woman with substantial pile of baby stuff: How much?
me: Hmmm...$3?

12 year old girl flipping through a magazine
me: You can just have that.

In the end, we sold more than we took to Goodwill, so mission accomplished. Goodwill took everything we had left except our old kitchen sink, which they refused (?). So hey, we have a sink available for sale...or for free.

1 comment: