Monday, March 18, 2013

The Book Sale Approaches

Way back in a time in my life called College, my friend Kate gave me a small purse, essentially a coin purse on a long string.  It carried a driver’s license, debit card or a few dollars, keys, and lip gloss.  Initially it didn’t even have to hold a phone, because I first started using that purse prior to my first cell phone.

It was the best purse for essentials, worn across one shoulder for ease of movement and so small that unless it was filled with rolls of quarters, it was always light.  In its early days it was perfect for places like outdoor concerts and festivals, then later I used it for the book sale.  It was the freedom of being a man with a wallet.  Then one of the cats bit the shoulder strap in half. 

IMG_0510

So I made a new one.  The book sale countdown is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment