Saturday, November 16, 2013

Salad Award

While spending the better part of the afternoon on the couch, I kept thinking, why am I so tired?  I should get up and do something.  Then all of a sudden I remembered, ah yes, I’m nine months pregnant.  Thank God for a well worn couch and teenage dystopian fiction.

2013-11-06 11.30.30

Interesting that when you start searching Google for Brazoria County Library, Brazoria County Jail comes up first every single time.  Hopefully that’s alphabetical and not the state of society. 

2013-11-06 11.54.12

When I was in college and working at a summer camp, I ate lunch one day with one of the wranglers.  Ever since that day, I periodically think of him in terms of The Salad Award, meaning that I mentally assign him The Salad Award for his use of the camp salad bar.  His trip to the salad bar produced a salad consisting of croutons, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing.  Done.  If you’re picturing that on top of lettuce, don’t.  Three ingredients:  croutons, cheese, ranch.

That story is not related to anything.  It was just an amazing salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment