Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Like Being a Save and Having a Slave

About once a year, the 364 days of staying up too late catch up with me.  I put the kids to bed and walk out of their room intending to do something with my evening, yet somehow instead pass out on my own bed on top of the covers with my clothes on and sleep like that all night.  I guess my catch up for 2014 was last night. 

IMG_2471

Right after we got married, within the first month or two, Trent and I decided that marriage is like being a slave and having a slave.  We’ve said that for the past ten years, still true.  We’re generally amazed that we discovered on of the fundamental truths of marriage so quickly.

So thank you Trent for folding four loads of laundry last night.  I guess on Friday night I’ll be the one scrubbing the remains of nachos of the cookie sheets while you fall asleep on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment