Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

What is happening to me....

The other day the recycling truck and the big yard trash garbage truck both happened to be on our street, in front of our house (!) at the same time.  I felt a quick surge of adrenaline.  Two garbage trucks!  Hurray!  I've been running outside at the first sound of a garbage truck for SIX YEARS.  And counting.

On the way to take Rush to school there's a ditch/bayouish space at a stop sign and most mornings we see giant rats down there.  They are truly almost the size of our smallest cat, Professor Longbottom.  We've only seen them in the morning, never later in the day.  As soon as the nice spring weather arrives, I'm getting up early on a Saturday to ride my bike over and try to get a closer look because it is amazing.

Last weekend Rush, Tate, and I went to Wild Kratts Live.  I almost can't admit how excited I was to go to that, although thankfully we can credit most of that to a nighttime trip downtown.


If you'll excuse me, my old self is calling.  I'll be reading, drinking diet coke, and not cleaning the house if you need me.


No comments:

Post a Comment