Thursday, April 28, 2011

Feeling Good

Every time we get home from school, as I’m trying to get Rush and Tate and all our stuff – backpack, lunch box, diaper bag, purse, and for some reason always more than that- inside, I think to myself, at least I’m going to be in great shape from all this work.  But you never really look at a pack mule and think, wow, look how healthy he is.
Today, however, I did have some help lugging in bags of groceries in the form of an addictive upper.  I gave up drinking caffeine on a daily basis a few years ago but occasionally splurge on a Diet Coke or cup of coffee.  Typically though, I’m drinking water and mainly water without ice because ice just became too time consuming.  Because the weather was nice this morning, I made a pot of (what I thought was) decaf to drink while Rush played outside.  Cup after cup after cup and a wild, manic feeling later, I realized that I actually made good ol’ regular coffee.  Yum.  I think it actually made me a better mother and certainly a more productive one. 

Now I’m trying to savor the remains of my felix felicis feeling. 

1 comment:

  1. In the first season of Desperate Housewives one of the moms takes her sons' ritalin and finds that she is amazingly, tile-scrubingly productive. I may have taken the wrong message from that show- I watched that episode and was jealous of her drug stash.

    I am so reliant on caffeine to get my through early motherhood that I might as well be Jessie Spano. I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so....scared.

    ReplyDelete