Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

Last year we decided to implement a new tradition of making palmiers –previously called “the butt cookies” (by me) because of their butt-like shape- for Palm Sunday. They do look much more like palm fronds than butts, but it was always nice to say, “hey, let’s go into that bakery and see if they have any butt cookies.” Trent whipped up a batch today after church. Delicious indeed, but as I signed up to do the Beach Palooza obstacle run with my marathoning, personal trainer trained aunt and my generally physically fit younger brother, I might want to start spending a little more time on the treadmill and a little less time eating an entire box of puff pastry. When I say “a little more time on the treadmill,” I’m really saying I know I haven’t been on it since some point before Tate was born. And actually, probably not since before I was pregnant with Tate…hmmm…


IMG_5680


Speaking of Tate, he’s getting stronger –no treadmill required- and has recently moved up to spending brief periods sitting in the bumbo chair…sitting…


IMG_5670


…sitting…


IMG_5671


…and done.


IMG_5676


We had a nice visit last week from Trent’s sister Kim, aka Aunt Kimbo or ‘Bo as Rush calls her.


IMG_5633


Kim cooked dinner for us one night and watched the boys the following night so we could go on an actual date. There’s a local Italian restaurant that Trent and I have wanted to check out for a long time, but I wanted to wait until I wasn’t pregnant so I could enjoy a little vino with my meal. In the car on the way to the restaurant I happened to say that if the restaurant was b-y-o-b, I was going to l-e-a-v-e, and what do you know, we sit down and there it is – $2 corking fee. It was a really small place so it would have been super awkward to leave and come back fifteen minutes later with a bottle of merlot, so I calmed myself down and enjoyed my raviolli. As long as I have a little warning, I am a fan of the byob restaurant as it’s always nice to enjoy a bottle of wine without an additional 300% mark-up over the grocery store price. I’ll definitely go back to the restaurant –Santa Barbara Italian Café for anyone looking for a fabulous homemade salad dressing in the greater Houston area.


IMG_5638


I can also recommend Limitless as a great big bucket of popcorn and Diet Coke big screen experience. Going to the movies if my first choice activity when free babysitters are available. Yes, it will be great to see you – and do you mind watching the boys for a few hours so I can go to the movies?


And now it’s Sunday night again. It’s going to be a busy week with extra church services for Holy Week and Tate’s baptism and Easter next weekend. The smart thing for me to do right now would be to turn off the computer, wake up the classic sleeping-in-an-armchair-with-an-open-book Trent, and go to bed. Sounds like a good plan and I’m going to make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahaha. this post cracked me up. butt cookies. and that picture montage of tate had me in hysterics. please update your blog every day. casey

    ReplyDelete