Saturday, October 15, 2011

Favs for Today

Today was just a great day.  After extensive research, I’ve found that on any regular day the determining factor between a good day and a hard day has nothing to do with tantrums –it took us close to 30 minutes to walk home from the cul-de-sac today and it’s a fairly short street- and everything to do with how my hair is behaving.  I’m not saying my hair looked good today, because it did get mashed blueberries and pears stuck in it around 7:45 this morning and that fruit’s still in there, but it felt good.  I mean, the blueberries/pears didn’t feel good, the hair sitting on my head felt good.  Who else knows that good hair day feeling?  Amen sister?

And the weather helped, oh the weather.  I understand that the weather is a blanket good and one person can’t earn points to change it for her benefit.  But as I enjoy the beautiful October weather after being outside every single day this summer, I can’t help but think I earned this.  I know I didn't; that doesn’t even make sense.  But really, after being at the park and in the backyard on those 110 degree days, I am really appreciating low 80’s.  Thank you God for the relief.

IMG_6684

Not just a favorite for today but a favorite for every day- I will never get tired of seeing a baby covered in spaghetti.  It’s cute and hilarious every time.  Actually though, let me clarify:  a baby in the kitchen, not a spaghetti covered baby in my car.

IMG_2317

Remember this kid?  Rush circa 2010

Another thing I am really loving right now is the bible study I’m doing at the Episcopal church where Rush goes to school, A Woman’s Heart, God’s Dwelling Place by Beth Moore.  Sounds sweet, like reading some psalms and talking about how it makes us feel.  But really it’s about the Tabernacle, Israelites in the wilderness building a place for God to dwell with them.  Want to talk about the lampstand in the Tabernacle?  Because we’ve researched it in Genesis, Exodus, prophets, gospels, and Revelation, looked at the Hebrew and –ask Trent- I want to talk all about it.  Get me started on any of this stuff.  Anyone who has been around me for more than 5 minutes lately has heard my spiel on manna. 

I’m proud to be doing this at an Episcopal church because sadly I’ve never experienced this kind of bible study before and I’ve been an Episcopalian forever.  Episcopalians are an intellectual bunch, so why are we missing out on this research?  Let’s get with it Anglicans.  Why are we the ones sitting around just talking about how a specific verse makes us feel?  Let’s not be too proud to learn something from the Baptists about studying the Bible.

And more favorites for October 2011?  Eating nachos with the fam tonight and watching Up (tear jerker every time), one wonderful child who is giving kisses and stringing more and more sentences together, one wonderful child who is taking a few steps behind a walking toy, a husband who actually stayed up past 11 PM to hang out with me tonight, getting to wear my black zip-up hoodie (it has no hood), plans for a craft fair and pumpkin patch and snow cones tomorrow.  Thank you Texas, your summers may be sweltering, but at least it’s always snow cone season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment