Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day

The tears weren’t because Tate didn’t want to go to school for the first time;

IMG_9494

they were because we dragged him away from the car door to take a picture, delaying the start to his first day.

IMG_9497

IMG_9495

There were no tears after we left the house.  Rush and Tate were both so excited about school and I;m positive they were both ready for a change of routine.  Hurray for a new school year!

IMG_9506

Rush’s BFF Barrett is in his class again and was already playing with trains when we arrived, so I don’t think Rush even said good-bye to me.

IMG_9509

IMG_9510

And then, for the first time that I can remember since before Tate was born, I had five solid hours of free time.  I recognize the value of that, because who gets five hours to themselves?  Retirees, maybe?  It’s amazing how much you can get done, especially when there is no one following behind you undoing your work. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh why are they so darn cute?! I think I'll say it his entire life, but, TATE CRACKS ME UP! I love those guys.

    ReplyDelete