Friday, August 24, 2012

What’s the buzz, tell me what’s a-happening

We’ve reached a tipping point.  Tate and Rush are old enough and Trent is still Trent, so we’re officially a house that’s 75% male and everything smells like a boys’ cabin at camp.  It’s the smell of gym clothes that have baked in a car all day and people who need to focus on aiming when they go to the bathroom.  We had an extended Target trip this morning where I spent our life savings on ‘sport’ laundry detergent, bleach related cleaning products, and make-up to drag myself from the filth.  I kind of get the feeling that my Christmas list will be perfume and Scentsy refills. 

IMG_9415

It’s just about time for a change of seasons, because I’m running out of conversation topics.  The boys and I brief Trent on the days activities during dinner –pool, grocery store, watching The AristoCats- so after they boys go to bed I’m more or less spent for discussion ideas.  The other night we were just staring at each other and finally it was, so, want to talk politics?

So I finally saw Casablanca for the first time last week. Anyone else want to talk about it as if it wasn’t already acknowledged as one of the greatest movies of all time and old enough that everyone else saw it years ago, possibly back in the 40’s? I want to talk about it. I watched it with my parents last week and while they were appalled that I had never seen it, after they movie they weren’t interested in discussing it at all.

IMG_9456

The Olympics left me with a little fantasizing about Rush and Tate winning gold medals.  I mean, one day that picture might be shown during a montage before the 200m butterfly.  I’m pretty positive that I don’t have a pushy sport parent persona hidden inside me, but maybe my kids will have Olympic dreams on their own.  If so, I hope the 2032 summer games will be somewhere awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment