Monday, April 8, 2013

Alleluia, Alleluia

Thank God for Easter morning.  I just wanted to sit and cry through the whole service, in part because I was so relieved that Lent was over.  The Israelites in the desert for 40 years, Jesus tempted in the wilderness for 40 days, prayer and fasting, yes, but can’t we just start every morning of the year with the Halleluiah chorus?  

IMG_0857

My theological friends are mentally pulling out copies of sermons to send me:  How Fasting Brings You Closer to God or How Burying the Alleluia Makes Easter Even More Glorious or Living Every Moment Like Easter Morning!  Great. But the Penitential Order just doesn’t encourage me through the everyday as well as a rousing hymn of Alleluia, Alleluia, Give Thanks to the Risen Lord does. 

IMG_0856

I’m now realizing that I should be spending the other 325 non-Lent days of the year much more joyfully, much more Alleluia-y, much less grouchily. 

IMG_0862

So Alleluia, Alleluia, the Lord is Risen Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment