Monday, April 29, 2013

Poetry, Sheer Poetry

April is National Poetry Month, so the library is sponsoring Game of Tomes, where you stack a pile of books so that their title makes a poem when you read it top to bottom.

IMG_0879

I never actually got that picture to the library- oh well. 

If you ever wonder why this blog doesn’t get updated, it’s because this is my current life process with computers/social media:

Step 1- Check e-mail on phone maybe every day, maybe every two or three days.  Spend most of the time deleting junk e-mails from The City of Houston (We don’t even live in your county, people!).  It’s faster to hit “delete” than to hit “unsubscribe.”

Step 2- Get on the computer once a week to type any longish e-mail replies.  Twitter?  Instagram?   Facebook?  Whatever else the kids are doing these days?  Nope, I have more pressing online issues.  Spend the rest of the time looking at pictures of William and Kate.

Step 3- Consider how much time it would take to get pictures from the camera or my phone to the computer.  Decide to turn off the computer and move on with my day. 

If some magical, non-hacker, person can get our Saturn V Rocket pictures off my phone and onto the computer, I could probably produce a real post.  Trent’s probably the only person who falls into that category right now.  Until that happens, I’m off to get a snack.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. "I always knew you was the funny one in the bunch."

    ReplyDelete