Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cousins

2014-03-14 13.41.46

2014-03-14 13.41.48

I was going to post it just like that:  ‘Cousins’ as the title and two pictures, no words.  Sometimes there are so many things to say, so much to condense.  Instead, a summary of my kiddos today-

Holly pushed up her head and shoulders today while laying on her stomach.  It was a surge of strength and growth.  She hasn’t spent too much time on her belly, mainly because she is held almost all the time.  She’s so snuggly and it’s just so easy to hold her. 

Tate is about relationships, not tv watching.  I was getting some meals into the freezer this afternoon, and Tate ignored the tv to stand by me with a pack of stickers, talking and sticking stickers to my hands.  He covers me with stickers at least a few days a week.  It’s very sweet, very giving, very Tate.

Rush and I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon, so our wait in line was somewhere in the 25 minute range.  Instead of going crazy, I recognized it as a chance to spend time with him.  We played ‘I Spy’ –his idea- and talked about what kind of cokes we would get from the cooler if we were getting cokes.  He was also so upbeat and chatty that he accidently spit his gum on the floor two separate times while we were in the store, so we laughed about that.  He’ll be four and a half for a few more days, but already, as he would say, you would think he was five.

I love being with these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment