Saturday, August 29, 2015

H is for Holy Cow, It Happened

 In what can only be a divine miracle, I finished a quilt for Holly's future bed.  We really can't be sure why looks so wrinkled, but it was made during the summer with three kids around, so I'm just in shock that it happened, from start to finish.  Also not sure why I didn't use more yellow fabric, since I made a quilt because I couldn't find anything that matched the yellow quilt I had in my head.  But it does have pineapple fabric.  That's the trump.


That little bunch of branches on the left is our almost-dead olive tree.  The nursery said there's a chance it will come back.  As I dreamed about an olive tree as a symbol of peace growing in our yard for years, it's going to be really depressing if it dies.


But anyway, the quilt is tied and done.  It looks a little different than I expected, but if I wanted all my [sewing-art-craft-cooking] projects to come out perfectly I wouldn't have had three kids.  I'll just replace any potential use of the adjective "perfect" with "festive" and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment