Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Dress

Last Wednesday, 10 PM:  This is a true Advent moment.  I'm preparing for the birth of Christ by making something special, a Christmas dress for my daughter, because it's a special day!  I'm using the hands and mind that God gave me!




Last Thursday, 1 PM:  Every button that I want to buy makes the dress hand wash only.  I HATE SEWING.


Last Thursday, 1:20 PM:  Oh, I could probably hand wash this dress.

Today, 8:00 AM:  Let's get the house clean!



Today, 11:15 AM:  House is a lost cause.  Must work on something with tangible outcome.

Today, 1:00 PM:  I didn't cut out the very first pattern piece needed to start sewing and where are all the pattern pieces?  Lost!  Did I throw accidentally throw them out...?  Why did I think I could do this OR ANYTHING???

Today, 1:10 PM:  Daniel Tiger's voice starts singing and singing in my head.  "If something seems impossible, try a little bit at a time.  If something seems impossible, try a little bit at a time.  If something seems impossible, try a little bit at a time."  (Daniel Tiger repeats things A MILLION TIMES.  It's insufferable, yet effective.)

Today, 1:25 PM:  Mary Berry's voice replaces Daniel Tiger.  "If you choose to do something simple, it must be done perfectly."  Really, really wishing I had chosen the gauzy fabric with glittery holly all over it.

Today, 2:25 PM:  Daniel Tiger is back.  "Just keep trying, you'll get be-eh-ter."






3 comments:

  1. when you feel so mad that you want to roar... take a deep breath and count to four

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! Huh, Daniel Tiger is lost on me...lucky me. Kelly: if you want to use the glitzy buttons and they have a 'stem' you can just safety pin them on, then easily remove to wash. Of course, there's the risk of them opening and stabbing Holly. I would have risked it on you and Casey. (shrug)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, you need these. http://www.createforless.com/Button-Pins-by-Dritz-3/4-in.-Nickel-10pc/pid13127.aspx
    They are safety pins especially made to hold onto shank buttons so that they can be removed for washing.Copy and paste the link above into your browser.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete