Friday, February 19, 2016

Looking at you, Singer

I like to stop in Old Navy before I go fabric shopping.  It's really encouraging to spend $8 on a super cute dress for Holly first, then look at fabric that starts at $10 a yard and will require notions and hours of labor before a dress appears from it.


I can't seem to get past blues and reds. I finally forced myself to put back one and find something pink and whimsical.  It's all washed and ready to be ironed and cut.


Things are comical at our house- water bottles are constantly splitting across the bottom and leaving illogically large puddles, there's still always a contraband sharpie without a lid turning up somewhere, Holly can rapidly undo whatever was just completed.  And there are so many gross things.  In an effort to watch  my language, I up end up yelling nonsense:  Fuuuudge!  Ugh Aghhhh Pete!  Cremini!  
Somehow -very seriously without any sarcasm- I think undertaking some massive dress sewing is going to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment