Sunday, February 21, 2016

Pineapple Skirt and Honesty

It's too misleading to just say that I made a gold and aqua pineapple skirt for Hols and she's now ready for a trip to Miami and everything is so perfectly together.  So along with photos of the skirt, some additional confessions:


I bought fabric and zippers and such to make dresses and more fabric for more skirts.  Nothing is happening with that.

I forgot how to make the simplest article of clothing and did it incorrectly, adding time to the process.  I also initially made it upside down.  (In my defense- THERE WERE A MILLION OTHER THINGS HAPPENING SIMULTANEOUSLY.)



 Sometimes I put clean, folded laundry back into the dryer just because I need to get it out of the way.


I fall asleep in my clothes pretty much all the time now.  2 AM is the unofficial the deadline for waking up to brush teeth and put on pajamas.  If I sleep past that...it's the whole night in jeans.


If I find popcorn on the couch, I just throw it behind me onto the kitchen floor so it can join its buddies, cracker crumbs and additional popcorn.



I don't shower every day and I love the days when I don't shower because it's not as much work.  But somehow I don't get up any earlier on the days that I do shower.

Buying a Diet Coke from the coke machine at church makes me feel spiritually horrible because I could have found a better use for that dollar.

I want to make my kids healthy lunches, but today I bought Handi Snacks.

I have never once done a workbook with any of the kids.  I must give off the workbook vibe because people give them to me, but no.

Once I threw away every coloring book in our house.

Once I threw away a stack of thank you notes that I had already written because I couldn't seem to get them to the mailbox and I needed them out of my way.

Our van is the quintessential minivan with layers of crap.

I have a lot of other nice qualities as well.

4 comments:

  1. Nils wore a new shirt (with a fire truck on it) to school yesterday. He insisted on sleeping in it... so I let him. I'm pretty sure he is going to want to wear it again today. I'll let him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay at home moms need to remember: It's all about survival. No lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of this stuff is bad. Last year I bought at least 2 library books from the school library. They weren't lost. I knew where they were. I just acknowledged to myself that I was never ever going to remember to take them back to school. The kids are earning back the money by loading the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Also, who has time to shower every day???

    ReplyDelete