Tuesday, February 15, 2011

1 + 1 = Laundry

I like the feisty look-

IMG_4959

I have never seen sweet Tate make that face other than in this picture.  I wonder what he was thinking at that moment?

I’m in a brief moment of overlapping naps and I can hear Tate stirring.  Somehow I’ll need to figure out how to get both boys napping at the same time.  Today is the first day I’ve made any sort of general attempt to think about getting Tate on some sort of schedule.  It’s week one of Trent’s new job and therefore week one of regular life for me, meaning that Trent isn’t getting home early.  I wonder what’s going to happen when we run out of meals in the freezer?

So far, we’re having great days.  As long as the only things required of me are keeping the boys happy (aka being outside) and doing laundry, then we’re fine.  Laundry is one of the only chores I don’t mind, and it’s a good thing because I forgot that it really picks up with a baby around the house.  Things like having to wash the quilt on our bed for the second time this month really add up.  So that’s what’s happening today:  laundry and playing outside.  I like to compare my days to what I would be doing if I was still working…would I rather be doing this or going over spreadsheets to verify inventory and joint venture ownership percentages?

I think we all know the answer to that.  I’ll be in the backyard if you need me.

1 comment:

  1. On the other hand, I sometimes compare my days now with my hope of what my days will be like when I'm 60. Roadtrip with Chase to visit my (independent, healthy, well adjusted) kids, perhaps dandle a grandchild on my knee, then kiss it, hand it back, and head off for happy hour and the early bird special.

    Okay I think I just realized I want to be your parents.

    There could be worse ambitions.

    Also I'm not sure Tate could be cuter.

    ReplyDelete