Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Badge of Courage

A week ago we were starting Trent’s week off, planning all the things we would do to be totally caught up and organized before he starts his new job on Monday.  After a trip to the emergency room and a few days in the NICU, we wrapped up the week completely messy and unorganized, but with two completely healthy children.  Who cares about the cluttered house?

IMG_4991

Once we started having children I knew trips to the ER were inevitable.  Thankfully we made it through our first trip successfully and whatever the future holds, at least I no longer have to worry about not knowing how to get there.  If you got badges for parenting, similar to scouting, I could get the Emergency Room badge and Trent could get the Pack Your Wife’s Hospital Bag badge.  

IMG_4996

So life is returning to normal after a weird week.  I actually got to leave the house today and I stocked up on all the things we’ll need just in case we don’t venture out again until next weekend.  Making a trip out with both boys on my own still seems impossible, so preparing for a new week is a little like preparing for a hurricane.  Really the only difference is that instead of water and batteries, we need diapers, laundry detergent, peanut butter and crackers.  That sums up my Target receipt.

IMG_5010

Well, it’s 5 PM and the remains of lunch are still on the kitchen table, so perhaps I should get to that?  I guess that’s the trade off for leaving the house for a few hours and spending a beautiful afternoon outside with the family.  Worth it.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are all completely 100% adorable and I'm so thankful you're all well and home. Leave the plates on the table and declare breakfast for dinner. It's Wren's favorite meal of all time.

    ReplyDelete