Thursday, March 31, 2011

Signs of Renewal and New Life

New leaves are finally bursting out on our pecan tree!  I’ve been checking every day.  In the summer I can’t imagine that the tree will lose every single leaf, but somehow it happens and then miraculously it fills out again.

IMG_5544

I love how everything starts waking up in spring.  Back in November when all plants were 70% off at Houston Garden Center, Trent and I bought a duranta (side note:  good for attracting bees) and a banana tree thinking that we could keep them alive through the winter and therefore get a great deal on two plants.  Then we had a January baby and had two hospital stays that coincided with freezes so of course we didn’t always get around to getting things covered.  The the duranta and the banana tree looked dead, but we cut them back and now-

IMG_5546

IMG_5550

I also found part of a bird egg in the flowers.

IMG_5549

And speaking of new life, my pregnant sister sent me some pictures of the tree she painted in the nursery-

3.27.2011 005

It’s super cute, those are the best words to describe it.  She’s good at painting.  (Imagine that last sentence is in Jim Gaffigan’s alter-ego voice.  If you don’t know what I’m talking about that you might want to check him out because you are missing out on hilarious.)

3.27.2011 003

I wonder who my little niece or nephew will be…can’t wait to meet you!

2 comments: