Monday, March 21, 2011

Tate, Beach. Beach, Tate.

Tate and Crystal Beach are now acquainted.

IMG_5366

Until recently our last beach trip was the weekend after Thanksgiving, so we were getting a little antsy for the wind in our hair and sand on our feet. 

IMG_5244

Because Tate is still a little guy, the two of us spent a good portion of the trip inside the cabin.  Thankfully I had a lot of help from my parents and sister and brother-in-law.  My mom was a huge help in rocking take and helping Rush could maintain his standard of 85% of waking hours spent outdoors.  I can just picture little two year old girls being fooled by his personal ad, “enjoys long walks on the beach.”

IMG_5360

Clarify that as long, active walks on the beach, often involving running, with periodic stops to check out construction equipment.

IMG_5231

I missed winter at the beach this year, jumping straight into spring and soon, summer.  My dad already has a bucket of Crystal Monkeys in the freezer, so winter is officially over.  Actually though, there might always be a bucket of Crystal Monkeys in the freezer…It’s a secret, evolutionary beverage that involves coconut, banana, orange, mango (?), and tequila. 

IMG_5291

For a beach trip with two kids, we enjoyed some surprisingly calm moments.  Tate always had someone willing to hold him while he slept, so he didn’t spend too much time actually napping in a pack and play.   Rush always had someone to read to him.

IMG_5301

There were actually so many people willing to hold Tate that I started to miss him a little bit.  He looks huge to me now, literally like he grew overnight.  He has the sweetest smile.

IMG_5311

Rush and Tate like to start their mornings off with a snuggle.  If I try to pick up Tate too soon during their brother time, Rush starts calling “More Tate!  More Tate!”  I hope they have this much fun when they start sharing a room.

IMG_5314

I’m already trying to find a weekend for my next beach getaway.  I wouldn’t by any stretch say that I came home from the beach rested, but I came home feeling like I had one more piece of my normal self back.  I don’t like to go too long without reconnecting with the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment