Friday, June 17, 2011

Hot T and the Strong Abs

Yes, that’s sitting up!  Propped up on baby Roo and his own arm sitting up, but we’re in business.  We bought him that stuffed animal on vacation when I found out I was pregnant and Tate was just a little ball of cells  Look at him now.  Tate’s world is expanding and life is about to get easier for everyone.

IMG_6202

Life getting easier with children is always a trade off.  We’re getting sitting up, but we’re also getting into the phase of lugging around jars of baby food every time we travel.   I can handle that.  We’re about to enter the age of Rush and Tate playing together; I can feel it.  I predict he’ll be sitting up in a sturdy fashion in no time.

Only a few more trips to the grocery store with Tate in the sling; soon he’ll be moving to the cart.  It will be a nice change from today when I prayed in the parking lot on the way into the store- “please don’t let us get hit by a car.”  I figured it we could make it out alive we would be okay.  We had an ordeal today over a bag of salad that split open as our groceries were being bagged.  I would like to think that if I were working at a grocery store and a bag of salad exploded as I was checking out someone, I wouldn’t send the woman with a toddler and a baby literally strapped to her chest with a piece of fabric to the far corner of the store to get another bag.  And dammit at some point along the way we lost that bag of salad.  I found it around ten o’clock tonight in the freezer.

But for now going to the grocery store with two children, while often a long and tiring process, isn’t hard enough to make me go alone.  That would mean going after bedtime and giving up my personal time.  Personal time comes at a high price, much higher than a trip to Kroger.

1 comment:

  1. Soon you'll be in the easier phase- with both in the same cart, entertaining each other while you shop.

    3 though. My lord. I have actually made chase meet me at the bus stop, in the middle of his work day, so he could sit with the kids in the car while i shopped.

    yeah. it's rough.

    ReplyDelete