Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One Step Closer to Becoming a Man

Tate was born with an awesome head of hair.  It was long and thick from day one, and while he lost some baby hair around the sides and thinned out a little, mostly it just kept growing.  Tate’s hair was so soft and wonderful that Rush would sometimes lay next to him and fuzz with it.  I’m not sure if “fuzzing” is a real term or a Rush family specific word and it seems like looking it up online could come back with questionable responses.  So in case you need the definition, it’s when you rub something really soft, like a stuffed animal, on your face.

IMG_6061

As much as I wanted to keep Tate’s beautiful long locks, I also didn’t want to cling on to the point of a baby comb over.  It was beyond my capabilities to give him a little trim, because every bit of hair on his head was long, even the sides.  So I took my darling little sweet baby to get an actual, real life haircut.

IMG_6088

He was awesomely well-behaved and very calm throughout a haircut involving scissors and clippers.

IMG_6090

He looks so big now!  He went from little baby to baby boy in a few quick swipes of the scissors.  I’m still shocked by how different he looks.  He’s dapper.

IMG_6094

I really try not to be too nostalgic about things with the boys, because everything just moves so quickly.  A favorite outfit is outgrown, Tate starts eating peas, Rush starts knocking down his gate and wandering the house when he wakes up, Tate gets his first haircut; it’s happening so quickly.   I’m really having to fight the emotions this time, because in one quick burst I noticed how fast Tate is growing and Rush finished his first year of school.  As always, I’m just trying to cherish these moments.

1 comment:

  1. soooo cute, for me its been shoes with Lydia, I had a moment when she got walking shoes at about a year, then this year she got big girl sandals instead of the baby ones! And I am not even a shoe person.
    We still need to meet him!

    ReplyDelete