Friday, June 3, 2011

Ticket to Ride

We like to play board games around here.  Playing together, Trent and I go through phases and switch games often.  But when we get together with at least one other person, we usually initiate a game of Ticket to Ride.  It’s a game of trains, connecting routes from city to city across a map of the U.S.  We’ve been hooked for the past few years.

IMG_4887
Tate, 2 weeks old

While we first heard about the game from my uncle, my mom was the first person to fall in love with it and start drawing us all in.  We play a lot of Ticket at the beach, squeezing it in when the boys are sleeping.  As soon as it’s naptime, out comes the box.  Last weekend we started playing for money –$1 per game, winner takes all- which has made things a little more interesting.  The financial incentive has improved my game and now my plan is to save my winnings all summer then buy a yacht after Labor Day weekend.

IMG_6059
Tate, 2011

In between games last weekend, I suddenly had déjà vu.

IMG_0858Rush, 2009

Ticket to Ride is a long standing love affair that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.  We’re still on track and picking up steam.  Pun intended.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahah - i noticed earlier that photo of tate was just like one of rush! i'm glad you addressed this fact. also, it looks like trent is drinking diet coke in both photos.

    ReplyDelete