Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks and Giving. And Gig 'em.

Another wonderful Thanksgiving still in progress: I'm still stuffed with turkey and gravy and ever thankful for my wonderful husband, sons, family, God, home, health, and abundance of food and clean water.

I don't have any pictures uploaded yet, and my typing on the touchpad of my mother-in-law's iPad (you go, Gigi) is painfully slow, but there is one urgent issue to discuss:

Surely I'm not the only person in the world who realizes that the A&M/UT rivalry is bigger than one football game. It's about my best friend going to UT and me going to A&M and we're still friends. It's about that exact scenario taking place every year all over the state. It's the healthy, mutual respect between the two biggest universities in Texas. I was a freshman at A&M when when Bonfire collapsed; I understand what the rivalry really means. It's fighting with your siblings. The rivalry ends tonight? Shut your pumpkin pie hole announcers and reporters and people who keep bringing it up. You don't know what you're saying.

Regardless of who wins the football game tonight, I'm going to wake up tomorrow and call my t-sipper friend Kate (well, theoretically, because I'm really not great at making phone calls) and life will go on. Gig 'em Ags and saw 'em off. And Happy Thanksgiving. And to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment