Sunday, December 18, 2011

Is this ornament felt? It is now.

Our response to the extra activity of December is cycling through staying up too late working on things one night only to accidently fall asleep as soon as the boys go to bed the next night.  I’ve been trying to watch Elf and wrap Christmas presents all month and finally succeeded Saturday night, only to remember tonight that the washing machine was full of clothes that I washed on Friday and never made it to the dryer.  I’m one of those overloaded printers who keeps dropping jobs – and the scary thing is, my life isn’t even that busy.  Yeah, it’s two kids busy, but some people have twins and a number of people have more than two kids.  99% of the things going on right now are pushing me towards pull-it-together/get-organized new years resolutions.

I keep trying to find a time to make a few Christmas ornaments.  I could be doing that now, if I could find any of my embroidery floss.  Trent informed me that if I 1) had a spot for it and 2) put it away after I used it, I would probably be able to find it.  Again, I’ll keep that in mind when working on my 2012 resolutions.  It’s just too late for 2011.

IMG_7571

We do have a few new ornaments this year, thanks to a box from my mom filled with handmade ornaments from my childhood.  Gracing our tree this year are hearts and gingerbread men sewed by my mom and some paper ornaments that I made in mother’s day out.  1984 was apparently a very creative year for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment