Thursday, December 22, 2011

‘Tis The Season

The boys are napping, the cookies are baking, the coffee is hot, White Christmas is playing in the background…Christmas is coming…

IMG_7584

We’ve had fun making holiday goodies this year, cookies for teachers and co-workers, Chex Mix for neighbors and garbage men, and caramel popcorn for the firefighters at the fire station behind Kroger.  Added bonus of bringing popcorn to the firefighters:  tour of the fire station and fire trucks.

Every year the city sends a calendar to all the residents.  It’s usually the calendar I hang in the pantry and use for the year; it also usually features a decent theme.  Last year it was pictures of city employees demonstrating green tips, cute.  This year I guess the theme was something along the lines of “sights of the city”.  I’m not totally sure what they were going for, I just know that as soon as I saw that the picture for two separate months was an overpass -yes, an overpass, like the kind that get your car over railroad tracks-and one month was the highway –where you sit for an hour every morning on the way to work!- I threw it in the recycling bin.  I have standards.

Which is why next year, I’m voting for a firefighter calendar.  This town has TV quality firemen and women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment