Monday, January 9, 2012

Swiftly Fly the Years

Trent received Season 1 of Friday Night Lights on DVD for Christmas, so on Friday night we spent the hours of 9 PM to 2 AM getting totally sucked into the show.  In most movies or tv shows, I like to pick out the character who would be my boyfriend (in my dreams), an old habit I picked up while watching Growing Pains and Doogie Howser, MD.  I also always assign the goofy friend to my sister as her boyfriend.  Because Max Casella played sidekick to both Doogie Howser and Jack Kelly in Newsies, Casey is perpetually tied to Vinnie Delpino.  Now I just add him in, regardless of the show.  For example, if I’m watching Mad Men, Don Draper is my boyfriend and Casey’s is Vinnie Delpino.

Then on Friday I hit a glitch.  The person from Friday Night Lights I picked for myself was the coach.  That’s the surest, most concrete sign that I’m old.  I was watching a show about high schoolers who are played by twenty three year olds, and I’m old enough that I selected an adult as my fake tv boyfriend.  Pass the Geritol.

Do you know who else is rapidly growing up?  This guy.

IMG_7872

Do you know what’s on his face?  1 1/2 pieces of pizza.  He’s starting to eat like a man.

IMG_7865

His first birthday is mere days away.  And he’s waking up, so…

2 comments:

  1. i love that i did THE EXACT SAME THING. except of course - YOU got vinnie. and in my mind things were more concrete as i got to MARRY jack kelly, doogie howser, etc. and you had to marry vinnie delpino. again, always vinnie. even when i watch the batman movies now, i get christian bale - you get vinnie. amazing that we never talked about that as kids but both schluffed vinnie off on the other sister. hahahaha. in my mind could you have had david (who i also thought was cute)? no. the kid from the bronx (semi-cute)? no. you had to have vinnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope you both know Tammy Taylor will cut you.

    ReplyDelete