Friday, October 19, 2012

Knots

For years I have been nagging –yes, nagging- Trent to find something to do while he watches tv.  If I could force knitting needles into his hands during football season, we wouldn’t be buying anyone Christmas presents because everyone would be receiving a handmade queen sized blanket.  Trent has resisted all my ideas for keeping his hands and mind busy, but recently came up with an idea of his own when he turned this-

image (4)

image (6)

into this-

image (8)

The safety ropes that people use when working on elevators can only be used once, so Trent intercepted this rope its way to the dumpster.  He turned it into a door mat in one evening using instructions found in one of his sailing knot guides.  It’s more proof that anyone in need of craft or home improvement supplies should periodically stop by a construction site and see what they can get for free.

I suppose I shouldn’t recommend that people stop by a jobsite, OSHA regulations and whatnot.  So call ahead, maybe? 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Nice work, Trent! Maybe I need to find something crafty for Matt to do...

    ReplyDelete