Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Breakfast

Yonanas is an almost too good to be true machine that takes frozen bananas turns it into soft serve ice cream.  It’s a delicious miracle, because I watched our friends make it and all they added was fruit, no cream, no sugar, and it tastes just like ice cream.  We don’t have a Yonanas.  Nor do we have a blender, as it recently smashed into a thousand pieces on the kitchen floor.  But we did have a Ziplock full of frozen fruit that was intended for smoothies pre-broken blender and it was quickly gathering freezer burn.  So I dumped it all in the food processor, added a little yogurt, and we ate ice cream –sort of- for breakfast.

IMG_9623

Initially, before the yogurt was added, I filled the food processor way too high.  I had to scoop out about two cups of little ground up bits of fruit and throw it back in the freezer.  We ate that as desert a few times because Trent dubbed it “kind of like Dippin’ Dots.”

IMG_9615

Somewhere my dad is horrified that I just compared frozen fruit to ice cream.  Sorry, Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Dessert, like something tasty- not desert like sandy region...typo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was first looking at gluten/dairy free recipes I kept seeing banana "ice cream." I will suspend my disbelief for you, Kelly, but honestly at first it kind of made me want to drive my minivan through the front window of a whole foods and scream THIS IS NOT ICE CREAM YOU MANIACS.

    ReplyDelete