Friday, February 7, 2014

U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

2014-02-06 15.51.36

These are the pictures that are going to be wonderfully dated one day.  We’re going to look back and think, why were we wearing long sleeves for fourth of July?  Wait, that’s the Olympics.  Where were the games that year?  Vancouver?  Sochi?  Lillehammer?

2014-02-06 15.51.24

Tate’s class at school is doing a major Olympics unit.  He came home with a torch, laurel wreath, and gold medal that looks like the Olympic medal.  We made a torch for Rush as well and they have been very popular items recently.

2014-02-06 15.51.40

2014-02-07 15.15.13

One of my favorite classes in college was Russian History.  I wanted to change my major to History, but I’m the oldest child so my option was Business.  Had I been inclined, I probably could have switched over to Architecture with my parents’ blessing, but History was definitely out of the question. With a course catalog jam packed with Economics and a class literally called Compensation, we didn’t really get electives.  Russian History was a major treat.

I learned so much in that class and felt like I would carry that knowledge with me forever.  As I watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics, I’m realizing that I retained none of it.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment