Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Message to Big Candy

As of last Saturday, the fall M&M’s were gone, as were the fall sprinkles and any other fall related sweets.  I checked three different stores, and the closest thing I saw was some weird 75% off orangey something.  That’s my best description for that.

All the red and green M&M’s were out, but that really isn’t helpful for the people who signed up to bring “Thanksgiving Treats” for the school Thanksgiving party.  I’ll probably end up buying red and green M&M’s next month and I will certainly do my best to get a Candy Cane Hershey Bar.  But I would have also purchased fall M&M’s if they had been available.  Hint, hint, Mars:  Thousands of people were trying to make dessert for school parties this week.  Missed opportunity.

So that was a hassle that left me standing in front of a big pan of rice crispy treats with our box of sprinkles (no fall colors, of course) and some chocolate chips. 

2014-11-19 16.47.18

And thus, Turkey Feathers were born.  Because if melted chocolate is too lumpy for something to be dipped in it, it can be feathered out with a fork and covered in red sprinkles.  Enjoy, preschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment