Saturday, November 15, 2014

When My Brain Begins to Reel

Because I’m feeling like this-

2014-11-10 14.58.35

it’s time to undertake a cross stitch sampler. 

2014-11-10 14.58.10

My sister and brother-in-law lived right outside of Washington D.C. for a few years.  The first time we went to visit, we went to the White House, the Washington Monument, the Library of Congress, etc, etc, etc.  By our last visit, we went to the movies and instead of going to Mt. Vernon, which they were totally over, we were lured into spending all day in their apartment playing a strange video game called Katamari.  During the game, a spooky little voice say, “I feel it.  I feel the cosmos.”

That’s what I’m going for with the cross stitching.  Sometimes I want to feel the universe as an ordered system, the opposite of chaos.

1 comment:

  1. I love Katamari. And I feel you on the cross stitch. Sometimes when I look around my house at the legos and laundry and homework and stickers, I get the phrase 'tohu va vohu' stuck in my head- which is the hebrew from genesis describing the chaos and formlessness before God made the world. so yeah. i feel you on the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete