Monday, June 1, 2015

Straight to Hawaii

Never in all my days have I had to deal with school in June, but here we are with Rush still going for the next few days.  Tate's free, Holly's always free, but until we meet Rush at the bus stop later this week, the real summer release hasn't happened.  We're so close.


The official theme of my summer is Party Like It's 1994.  We're taking all the best parts of summer when I was in middle school, but we're going to enjoy it because we're not spending it with any actual middle schoolers and their intense meanness.  We're keeping a bag packed with swimsuits and peanut butter crackers to be ready for the water at a moments notice.  The summer will feature homemade Casa Ole queso, recipe courtesy of the college student who drove us around the summer of 1994 and teriyaki burgers with pineapple slices .  Lots of Beach boys, a road trip to Florida, and minor league baseball.  We're going to be crusty and dry from sunscreen and chlorine when we lounge around reading library books in the afternoons.  We'll work in as much Hawaiian-ness as possible.


Last weekend was a "cleaning weekend" so we can spend our Saturdays doing fun things. That was more or less the most pointless thing ever, as I would turn around to face a closet, turn back around three seconds later and see that Holly had squeezed a tube of toothpaste into the carpet.  But it's cool; would a thirteen year old girl worry about that?  No, so neither will I.




I'm teaching myself to use a Weber grill today, so I should probably look up how to do that before naptime ends.  It's going to be the best summer ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment