Wednesday, June 17, 2015

We Got This

Confession:  I lived in Houston and the surrounding area for over ten years before ever going to Miller Outdoor Theater.  ("Fresh Air!  First rate entertainment!  Absolutely free!")  The kids and I went to Hairspray, Jr last week and it was totally first rate.  I'll shake my head once at the missed opportunities of years of free theater and concerts and look to the future of more free entertainment in the great outdoors.



We arrived just early enough to get our pick of the lawn seats and merriment.




It was sweltering hot and we were soaked in sweat, but somehow it's okay to be hot and sweaty when it's expected.  It's the opposite of the yearly uncomfortable fall feeling when I'm too hot at the pumpkin patch.  I wanted to wear a scarf and corduroy pants while drinking cider and looking for pumpkins, but instead it's too hot and I'm trying to decide if I should give in and get a snow cone.  But in June, to be drenched with sweat, and sunscreen and the blazing hot sun- we know how to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment