Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Shark Bite

I’m really trying to use the fabric I have, both because I said I would and because it’s highly inconvenient to go to a store and browse for fabric.  I’m ignoring the whole universe of buying fabric online, because, again, I need to deal with the current fabric situation.

Being a quilter is great because you can save all the small scraps for future quilts, but I’m accumulating scraps more rapidly than I’m making quilts.  To really make a dent I could make a giant quilt, but one hand quilting project at a time.  My summer goal is to rewatch all of Mad Men, start to finish, finishing a quilt from a few years ago in the process.  Maybe we’ll have a blog series called What I Worked on With Peggy Olson.

Some gray scraps will never make it into a quilt, because I recently used them to make a shark bag.  It was inspired by my niece Carolena, who is planning a Jaws themed birthday for the big #4.  I wanted to make a shark bag for her, shaped like a shark with the zipper for teeth.  This was the first pattern I found, for a pencil case, and I think I’m going to make something different for her.  It’s smallish.



I see more shark projects in our future.

1 comment:

  1. Figure out how to make her some sort of a shark sleeping bag like that and you'll have her heart forever

    ReplyDelete