Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Gardening Continues

Agh, it's becoming a gardening blog! There's just so much set-up and talking about mulch. When do we get to eat something fresh?

Before we get back into the gardening, I'm sharing the quilt square I made my part of my first group quilt. It's a group of people from church making a quilt for the baby of a friend, and this is my contribution:

I just need to trim the edges and cut off some of the red at the bottom. Those are my choices for "boy colors"; knowing the people I'm working with, I can't imagine that else everyone in the group is thinking pastel blue only so it should turn out nicely.
So back to the yard...The tomato plants are now in the ground, along with chives and carrots. It looks like the lettuce we planted (too late, because apparently you plant lettuce in the fall) is almost ready for cutting, so we should get a homegrown salad or too before the summer heat arrives. And the next picture is ready for its gardening propaganda close-up. Gardening - Bringing Families Together Since (in our case) 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment