Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Lord is Risen Indeed, Alleluia

Here's our best picture of Rush in his Easter clothes:

Between leaving for church in the rain at 7:45 AM, two hours in the nursery, and a really late morning nap, the "eating my shoe" photo was the only non-meltdown shot. He spent all day in a tired daze, falling asleep right after church, waking up to eat lunch and one Peep out of his Easter basket, then pretty much going right back for another nap. We had a great lunch with Nick and Kellaura, who are good enough friends that we could test an entire meal of new recipes on them and they brought the world's greatest Easter dessert: a toasted coconut key lime cake with a rum glaze. They're going to be invited for Easter next year, and in fact, every year.

Rush had some jelly bean bags in his Easter basket, which works with one of Rush's current favorite pastimes: throwing things. Sure they looked more like colored bananas than jelly beans, but if there was ever a project when it didn't matter, this is it. Who expects a jelly bean when it's not in an Easter basket? The other 364 days of the year then can just be bean bags.
We dyed eggs on Saturday, which went really well. My favorite part about being an adult is doing all the things I wasn't allowed to do as a child. (Isn't that everyone's favorite part?) Oh, we're out of boiled eggs but I still feel like dyeing? I'll just dye regular, unboiled eggs. And when I was making deviled eggs on Sunday morning, I ate as many as I wanted while I was making them. Growing up we had all these silly rules like "save some for company." I'll save some for company, but I'll also make enough that I can eat constantly while I'm getting ready for company to arrive.
Mmm, a little taste of Mom's Fresca - what a treat. Those eyes say it all. We're still sticking to milk and water in the sippy cup, but grapefruit soda gains another fan. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. That smile in the third picture - he is such a charmer! I'm bummed we're not getting to see you guys this week, I was really looking forward to it. We can plan some summer beach get togethers though? and maybe invite Kellaura? And some desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that update! Rush is awesome! You are awesome as well as Trent! Oh, and Trent, your hair is long! Also, I think it is great that you made enough eggs to eat!

    ReplyDelete