Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm In

So Earth Day is in April and to celebrate people are promoting the April Stash Bust. It's essentially a pledge to not buy any new craft supplies/tools/materials for the entire month and to make something with what you have...could this be the perfect challenge for my life? Don't I have an entire Rubbermaid tub full of old blue jeans that I've been saving for years in hopes of making something fabulous? And another Rubbermaid tub filled with fabric? And a third (thankfully smaller) tub of socks for making sock monkeys? A gallon Ziploc full of beads and wire, a bag filled with felt scraps, a drawer full of paper and blank cards, a drawer full of yarn...motivation to use all this stuff is just what I need. I won't even have to carry the Michael's ad around in my purse just in case I stop in and need the coupon.

Great Idea! A not so great idea I found is a pattern for kitty leg warmers. It may be an April Fool's joke, but my cats don't recognize April 1 as a holiday. In our house that's the fastest way to get your eyes scratched out.

No comments:

Post a Comment