Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ah, Disney World

How do I even begin to describe the trip that is already one of the best vacations we have ever taken? Maybe I should start with the fact that Rush actually did take his first steps on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom while waiting for the parade. He may look like Trent, but he was my mini-me on this trip, getting up early and staying up late, opening and closing the parks, and generally showing me that he's going to be happy coming back to Disney World again and again.



Rush proved to be an awesome traveller. He really didn't sleep very much during the trip, but just as SpectroMagic started he fell asleep. It was the sweetest moment with the parade passing by and Rush snoozing away.

I know there are all different type of trips: visiting a new city, relaxing on a beach, enjoying nature. But there's just something about carrying an inner tube up a hot concrete slope to the top of a waterslide that just is vacation for me. We had the perfect day at Typhoon Lagoon where it was crowded but we didn't have to wait in any lines for waterslides or for tubes in the lazy river. Plus we arrived as the park opened so we had a prime spot in the kids area, which we think was the highlight of Rush's trip.


I love being hot and sweaty and covered in sunscreen, full of french fries and ice cream and heading to the next ride. Thank you Walt Disney for creating a place where the sole purpose is to have fun. Thanks to my employment history with Disney, I know the effort that goes into creating the "magical guest experience" and I love every minute that I get to enjoy it.


Rush really got into vacation mode. That's a donut hole clenched in his fist. Where else but vacation can you lay in bed and eat Munchkins at 2 o'clock in the afternoon? (For the record, we did make him sit up to eat, even though he kept laying down and laying down and laying down.)



In addition to his first visit to DisneyWorld, Rush also had his first taste of Flippers, possibly the best pizza I have ever eaten and a staple of any trip to central Florida.



There were just so many great moments on the trip; I'll try to post more of them. We've been home less than 24 hours, but I'm ready to go back. I was flipping through a brochure in the hotel and discovered that Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade is going to be in the park for the summer. It hasn't been in Florida since 2000, it's only staying June through August, and it's quite possibly my very favorite part of Disney World. So can we fit in another trip this summer?

1 comment:

  1. soooo glad yall have such a great time! I need pointers on Epcot!!

    ReplyDelete