Friday, May 14, 2010

We're Walking, We're Walking...

It's true!
Rush is still learning and not walking all the time by himself, but each day he's taking more steps. I can tell he's proud, smiling and laughing as he goes. Plus, he'll walk almost anywhere now if he's holding on to one of my fingers.

Each stage with Rush has been better than the last. I'm a little surprised by how many people have said "oh, you don't want him walking" just like people said "oh, when he starts crawling, it's all over." People I don't even know will say this, right in the middle of an innocent conversation at the grocery store. In fact, I do want him walking. He likes it. He likes exploring and moving around.

There are trade-offs with every new stage. Sure, when Rush could only sit up but not crawl or walk I wasn't ever chasing him around. But I was breast-feeding seven times a day. And do you know what the attention span of a 7 month old baby is? About 40 seconds. So it's not like he was totally content to sit on a blanket for any reasonable amount of time. The more he can move, the more he can entertain himself.


So I am really excited about Rush moving on to the next stage. We will hopefully have a little more time on the playground before the truly oppressive heat sets in, plus the pool opens in a few weeks. Rush will be everywhere and I'll be chasing him. And really, he's been everywhere and I've been chasing him for quite some time now.

It's going to be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment