Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pig/Wolf

Way back in April I said I wasn't going to buy any craft supplies for a month in honor of Earth Day and to try to focus on using my stash. The result:

It's Pig/Wolf, two stuffed animals in one. I made it from a pattern (yes, I used a pattern!) by Lizette Greco, who designs her creations based on drawings made by her children. She also has another creation that I love called the See-Through Predator which is a wolf with a mesh belly with a zipper, so you can make little pigs and people to save or let the wolf digest as you see fit. Making the pig/wolf took a long time to finish because it has a zillion pieces, so I think I'm done with stuffed animals for awhile.

I did cheat once on my April vow by buying one piece of white felt from Michaels. I had everything else for the project, adapting the pattern to use what I had, even cutting up a too small shirt for the green and white fabric. I tried to substitute something else for the white felt, but I just couldn't make it work. Making the pig/wolf was fun for me, but Rush is not in the least bit interested in the finished project.

2 comments:

  1. Well I think it looks creepy and fantastic. Congrats on the finished product.

    And you can probably look forward to it being played with eventually. My girls go through phases and pretty much every animal in the house has been a "favorite" at some point. Usually the favorites need a bit of repair by the time their moment in the sun is up, so it's a good system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would for sure play with pig/wolf.... I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete