Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Trent!

We celebrated Trent's 31st birthday yesterday. The man is no longer just 30, but now in his thirties. He had simple birthday dreams. No big parties or plans, he just wanted to eat steak and watch the season premiere of Rescue Me. Sounds like a great way to celebrate and in fact, it was.

In the grand tradition of being too excited to wait, Trent opened presents in between dinner and cake.


Rush gave him a kit to make a mouse trap powered car. Not only is that the sort of thing that Trent loves, it might just help him come up with his billion dollar idea to create a renewable energy source. I gave him Wits and Wagers, the game he has talked about every day since he first played it a few months ago. If we're going to see you anytime in the near future, you'll probably get a chance to play it. I have a feeling we'll be travelling with it.

Trent's requested birthday cake was an ice cream pie, so intead of cake and ice cream we had Brownie Moose Tracks Ice Cream Pie. Hmm, I just reminded myself that there's three quarters of the pie left in the freezer. Please willpower, kick in and let me ignore it. Be sure to check out Rush holding the pie server in the picture.

Trent, I hope you had a great 31st birthday. Rush and I had a great time celebrating with you. Here's to many more great birthdays.



No comments:

Post a Comment