Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Austin: Still Weird

Last weekend we took our longest (two children) trip yet to Austin for my sister’s baby shower.  The drive was amazingly great- we didn’t stop even one time on the way there or the way home.  We didn’t even drive like that before we had kids, but Rush was happy and Tate decided to catch up on sleep.  Every once in awhile he would open his eyes, notice we were still in the car, then go right back to sleep.  He even took an extra little snooze shortly after we arrived at my sisters, before the pack-n-play was even set up yet.

IMG_5998

Our closest friends have been gradually moving to Austin, so it’s going to get more and more complicated trying to see everyone on a weekend visit.  We did get to join the Rodens for dinner on Friday night.  I always love going to their house.  It’s one of those homes that makes me want to walk around and look at everything and either try to copy it in my own home or start stealing things.

IMG_6003

I’m trying to figure out what kind of special relationship Rush and Wren have…if I’m Wren’s godmother and Rush’s mother and Kate is Rush’s godmother and Wren’s mother…I don’t think there’s a name for that. 

IMG_6021

The shower was lovely.  I ate more than my share of little gourmet ham sandwiches and stuffed mushrooms and cupcakes.  We had a great dinner at Casey and Chris’s that night, although I was totally offended by their washers set.

IMG_6034

I know she works at UT and borrowed the set from her job for the weekend, but still.  Casey and Chris, watch out because I’ve notified the Corps of Cadets and they’ll be sending someone over to your house for a little talk later this week.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. geeeeeze. I've already returned the set. And I can get students to vouch for the numerous times I said, "I'm an AGGIE!" and "Not only would I still choose A&M over UT, working here has only reaffirmed to me that was the right choice in the first place." hahaha - - which made me really loveable I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete