Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby Gift #2

Most bloggers find a pretty background to showcase their projects in photographs, maybe a distressed table with a vase of flowers or a fence with vines growing on it.  I haphazardly threw mine on the bathroom counter – great.  It’s too late to get another picture because I already mailed the gift.  If it’s any consolation to your eyes, I only took the picture in the bathroom because the craft room was too messy to even attempt a decent shot.  I guess I was in a hurry and couldn’t walk another few feet to any other space in the house…?
IMG_6179
So anyway, I made a shopping cart cover for my new –almost here!- niece or nephew.  I’m (obviously) not obsessed with cleanliness, but I have seen people sneeze into their hands and then immediately grab the handle of their cart at the grocery store.  And my children tend to want to suck on the handle and I assume they’re not the only ones.  Even if not for any sanitary reason, it’s nice to have a little extra padding in the seat because sitting in a seat made of metal rods doesn’t exactly sound comfortable.
IMG_6171
My mom found the great number fabric.  The shopping cart cover I made for us a few years ago has state and capitals on it, so it appears my subconscious has a need to make grocery store trips educational.  Learn while you shop baby!

1 comment:

  1. It's fantastic! And I love that color green too. And we all know you're just flaunting your clean bathroom Kelly- ever since Jane decided she needed to "brush the mirror's teeth" every night my bathroom has not been the same.

    ReplyDelete