Monday, July 11, 2011

Or Nectarines and Books About Pizza

So how are we spending our summer?  We’re doing weekend and evening pool trips (I don’t have enough faith in the 16 year old lifeguards to take these two to the pool on my own), sprinklers in the backyard, weekly trips to the library (where we always check out books on pizza at Rush’s request), and consuming lots of lemonade, popsicles, and fruit. 

And some of us are being little bit devious.  There’s just something about being two…

IMG_6223

It’s a little amazing to me that we can keep such a lazy summer days feel to our lives right now.  We’re in the ultimate time consuming stage where Tate is nursing or having bottles and eating baby food and are not yet old enough to eat anything on his own.  I’ve calculated and we have about 3 1/2 hours per day of non-napping, non-eating free time.  Tate’s loving it, although I know he’s ready to move forward as soon as he can.  He’ll try to grab any and all food – steak, baked potatoes, rainbow sherbet, anything.  It won’t be long.

IMG_6217

Even with all the eating and swimming and hot weather and growing children, I have a feeling I’m going to look back and go “Remember that summer when all we did was read The Hunger Games and Scandinavian thrillers and watch Modern Family and drink iced coffees?”

IMG_6219

It’s just the way I classify my adult summers.  There was the summer of eating frozen blackberries with sugar and reading Harry Potter and there was the summer of watching VH1 and Down with Love and eating peppermint bark.  So I’m on my way to make an iced coffee right now.  It’s amazing what a little whipped cream and caramel sauce can do to spruce up an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment