Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bust Out Your Non-Skid Shoes

IMG_8302

IMG_8310

IMG_8299

IMG_8311

IMG_8312

IMG_8318

IMG_8320

Because at some point we realized, we are adults.  If we have a dream, we can make it happen. 

We still need to think of a name.   I recommended naming it after me, as boats are female and I’m the only female in this family, but so far no one else is very taken with that idea.  It’s a little awkward to push to name a boat after yourself, so I’m not going to mention it again after I plug Kelly Michelley one more time.  She will be named by her inaugural trip into the Gulf of Mexico in a few weeks.  Until then, we’re taking suggestions.  If you suggest the wining name, I’ll make a bag for you out of the sail when it wears out.  You’ll have to wait years for your prize, but it will be totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. My dad taught me to sew on sail boat sails. In his honor, I nominate the name of one of his most beloved boats, that braver of waves, survivor of hurricanes, tipper-out of adolescent Kate into Sabine Pass -

    ---- The Miss Behavin'.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Official Duncan Family Entries:
    "The Kelly MiSHELLy" (har har har)
    "Rudder Nonsense"
    "Sea-Horsing Around"

    ReplyDelete