Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blackbird

My friend Kellaura’s mom is pretty much famous in the modern quilting world.  A pattern for one of her mini-quilts appeared in the book Whip Up Mini Quilts a few years ago, and I finally got around to my goal of making the quilt. 

IMG_8269

I actually followed most of the pattern, excluding appliqueing leaves across the top, mainly because I forgot to cut them out and at that point I was too far past the cutting to feel like going back.  Hand quilting a leaf pattern was so satisfying and relaxing that I’m using the same design on another quilt I’m working on.

When I look at that quilt, it reminds me about the beauty of nature and how much I love to watch birds outside our window. 

Although I do love watching birds out a window, that was a blatant lie.  All I can think about when I look at that quilt is Panther High Football and Tim Riggins and The Smash.  97% of that quilt was made while watching Friday Night Lights Season 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment