Friday, March 23, 2012

Clara Belle

Last weekend the Clara Belle had her first taste of the gulf.

IMG_8526

Trent had the winning name, after our beloved Clara Street – and for no particular reason, because it has that Mississippi riverboat sound.

Picture932

I expected a little more pomp and circumstance.  When I imagined christening the boat with champagne (a small bottle of champagne, for a small boat) I didn’t picture myself in the clothes I slept in.  Trent however, was beyond antsy and excited about getting the boat in the water and set sail during what started as an early morning walk on the beach.

IMG_8505

IMG_8517

IMG_8538

IMG_8533

Trent’s lifelong dream was finally realized and he spent the day exhilarated and slightly tired. 

IMG_8540

IMG_8578

IMG_8583

IMG_8588

I should probably add that I didn’t even get on the boat last weekend.  Spring Break is traditionally a tease, because the reality is always a constant cold breeze and I didn’t want to be soaking wet (the boat capsized on every run) and cold.  Plus, it was a great time to indulge in my beach drug of choice, finding sharks’ teeth.  Trent should be writing this post so everyone could get a taste of his excitement.

IMG_8603

And thus begins the newest adventure of the Williams family. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome. I really am jealous of your new hobby and it makes me want to think up one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete