Sunday, April 8, 2012

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia

I’m just going to title every Easter post with Alleluia, every year.  After burying the Alleluia during Lent, I love saying it again on Easter Sunday.  We really had a wonderful day, with a beautiful church service, friends joining us for lunch, and the afternoon at the park with some of our neighbors.  It was the kind of beautiful day that reminds you why you’re so thankful for Resurrection.

We dyed eggs yesterday…what else is there to say about that?  Rush got it this year and Tate enjoyed eating a bowl of strawberries.

IMG_8735

IMG_8736

IMG_8738

IMG_8739

IMG_8744

IMG_8750

IMG_8762

We made a hummingbird cake for today, thanks to my sister’s recipe and Kellaura’s vintage Easter cake toppers.  It was kind of a risky lunch, as we tried out all new recipes on our friends.  Most of it worked, even the Iowa Macaroni and Cheese, which I was doubting last night as I prepared it.  I’m still pretty stuffed from my yearly deviled egg binge.  I probably ate 9 whole eggs today.

IMG_8768

The boys got confetti eggs in their Easter baskets, which ended up all over the carpet while we were in the other room.  The great thing about confetti eggs is that I will probably be able to depend on them as a handmade gift in the future as well, when we’re past the days of stuffed bunnies and chicks.

IMG_8770

And speaking of bunnies, as we walked up to church this morning there was a bunny on the lawn, just munching away on something.  Happy Easter, little bunny.  It was adorable.

IMG_8790

IMG_8791

IMG_8798

IMG_8799

IMG_8800

IMG_8801

IMG_8808

IMG_8813

Happy Easter.  Alleluia, Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment